This delicious dessert is packed with fruit. Canada’s Food Guide recommends 7–10 servings of vegetables and fruit daily. This recipe is fast and easy, and provides 1 serving of vegetables and fruit! Thanks to our partners at Alberta Health Services for providing this delicious recipe.
Ingredients for 8 servings
- 4 large apples, washed and sliced
- 1 14-ounce can no sugar added sliced peaches, drained
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup soft non-hydrogenated margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl combine apples, peaches, granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Toss until all fruit pieces are coated with flour mixture.
- Spread fruit mixture into a greased baking pan.
- In a medium bowl mix rolled oats with sugar.
- Add the margarine and mix with your fingers until crumbly.
- Sprinkle oat mixture over the fruit.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until fruit are tender.
- Can be served warm or cold.