For a variety of reasons, many of us are experiencing fatigue, which can lead to unhealthy food choices.
Donors to Calgary Health Foundation support the South Health Campus Wellness Kitchen, which is hosting a virtual class for Eating Well When Fatigued. Led by registered dietitians and an occupational therapist, the class includes cooking demonstrations and recipes like these delicious chicken quesadillas!
- 4 – 10” whole wheat flout tortillas
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ cup thawed corn or drained canned corn
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning, low sodium
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1-2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken meat, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional; sour cream, salsa or avocado
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Coat one side of 4 tortillas with cooking spray
- Place tortilla coated side down on an ungreased baking sheet
- Combine peppers, onion, corn, black beans, chicken and taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Place chicken mix on half of each tortilla, top with cheese and fold tortilla in half.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and top with salsa, sour cream or avocado.
– The portions in this recipe can be adjusted to your liking. You can also try substituting a variety of vegetables along with, or instead of the peppers.
Recipe Source: Created by AHS Dietitians