Calgary Health Foundation is committed to advancing support for Indigenous Health. One of the ways they are doing that is by supporting the education of more qualified health workers to deliver quality, culturally safe health services.
Calgary Health Foundation will award one (1) bursary to an Indigenous student pursuing post-secondary education towards a career in health care. The bursary will entitle the successful applicant to $1,000 in funding for each of the two years, paid directly to the post-secondary institution the individual is attending. Individuals must demonstrate they have already been accepted to a program in any field of study pertaining to health. They will also need to articulate their involvement in the community and passion for pursuing their chosen career path.
- All sections must be fully completed for your application to be considered.
- Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this bursary:
- Student must be either a resident of Alberta or attending a Calgary post-secondary institution
- Student award applicants must be enrolled at a post-secondary institution recognized by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as a “qualified donee.” To determine if your post-secondary institution is a qualified donee, please visit the CRA’s website
- Student awards are provided to the recipient’s post-secondary institution to be applied directly to tuition after the institution’s add/drop deadline
- Students must show proof of admittance into a post-secondary institution of their choice by pursuing a certificate, diploma, undergraduate degree or graduate degree
- Student must be enrolled in a health-related field of study
- Student must identify as Indigenous
- All applications will be submitted using the form below. Once the application is submitted, it is considered final. All applicants are notified of their application status by the end of September.
- If selected, the bursary will be paid on your behalf directly to the post-secondary institute and applied to your 2023/2024 tuition fees following the add/drop date. The successful applicant cannot receive the cash value of the bursary directly.
- Application closes August 31, 2023.
- Recipient will be notified of selection by September 30, 2023.