We are excited to announce that the Run for Women will be occurring in-person OR virtually on June 15th, 2024. The Run for Women, brought to you by the LOVE YOU by Shoppers Drug Mart Program supports the Women’s Mental Health Clinic in Calgary.
In our ten years of participating in the event, the LOVE YOU by Shoppers Drug Mart™ Run for Women has raised over one million dollars in support of women’s mental health initiatives in our community. Calgary Health Foundation is inspired to partner for our 12th year with Shoppers Drug Mart on this uplifting event!
Calgary Health Foundation strives to advance care, wellness, and research for women’s mental health in our community. The Women’s Mental Health Clinic specifically supports women with mental health illness who are considering pregnancy, are pregnant, or are within a year of postpartum.
Nearly one in five women will experience mental health difficulties, such as major depression or anxiety disorders during this reproductive stage of life.
Over 600 women access support from the Women’s Mental Health Clinic annually. To understand how the clinic supports women and their families, watch Yalda’s story, below, or read Krystin’s story, here!
2024 Run for Women Additional Information
By simply registering for the Run for Women, you are joining a national collective of women, their friends, families, and coworkers who are breaking down the mental health stigma.
- $15 from each registration directly supports the Women’s Mental Health Clinic, which is able to see an additional 100 women and their families annually due to this support.
- If you choose to register for the in-person event, and public health guidelines change, your registration will be automatically changed to virtual at no additional charge.
- Free Home Delivery for all participants! (The technical t-shirt, bracelet, and legendary swag bag will be delivered to your house!)
- Team Captains are invited to an exclusive virtual event in March to hear local influencers speak, and hear from other captains across Canada on how they have been successful creating passionate teams and fundraising for women’s mental health!
How you can support Women’s Mental Health in our community:
Become a Team Captain in the Run for Women
- Register here, and pick a FUN team name! *** Under ‘Additional Information’ question 4, select ‘Local Charity’.
- Invite your friends, family, and coworkers to join your team (5+ people is recommended)
- Come together, either in person or virtually, and participate in the run or walk! Consider creating matching team t-shirts!
or, Join a Team
- Search the Run for Women site to find your team, and register! *** Under ‘Additional Information’ question 4, select ‘Local Charity’.
- Share that you’ve joined your team on social media by tagging us on Instagram or Facebook @calgaryhealthfoundation, and @runforwomen
- By participating on a team, you are supporting, embracing, and empowering those who struggle with mental illness – you are demonstrating that they are not alone!
What to expect from the Run:
- All participants receive Shoppers’ legendary Swag Bag valued at over $100, a technical participant t-shirt, and a Run for Women UNSTOPPABLE bracelet.