Choose vegetables or fruit for a quick and healthy snack! Whole grain French bread or crackers topped with this delicious tomato mixture will help you meet your goal of 7-10 servings of vegetables and fruit daily. Thanks to our partners at Alberta Health Services for providing this delicious recipe.
Ingredients for 8 servings
- 8 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together tomatoes, onions, parsley, basil and garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Add dressing to the tomato mixture and mix gently
- Serve bruschetta at room temperature on sliced whole-grain French bread or crackers