Yield 4-6 Servings
• Olive Oil 1 Tbsp
• Red onion, thinly sliced 1 Medium
• Red bell pepper, sliced 1 Medium
• Garlic, thinly sliced 3 Cloves
• Whole grain blend,
quick cooking* ½ cup
• Oregano, dried 1 tsp
• Frozen Kale, chopped 3 cups
• Chicken stock, unsalted 1 cup**
• Rotisserie chicken, chopped/shredded 2-3 cups
• Salt and pepper To Taste
• Feta cheese, crumbled ½ cup
• Dill, fresh, coarsely chopped 1 Tbsp
• Lemon, cut in half 1 lemon
• Sun dried tomatoes, sliced ⅓ cup
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Cook red onion.
- Add red bell pepper, cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Add whole grain blend and oregano, cook, stirring often, until fragrant and toasted
(about 2 minutes). Add kale.
- Add stock. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until grain is fully cooked.
- Stir in rotisserie chicken, cook until chicken is heated through.
- Taste, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with toppings (feta cheese, squeeze of lemon juice,
dill and sliced sun dried tomatoes).
• This one-pan dish delivers a delicious, balanced, meal, while saving on clean
• Cooking the vegetables and aromatics in sequence builds flavour into the recipe from the first step.
• The grain, protein, and the vegetables in this recipe can all be easily adapted depending on availability and preference.
Recipe Source: Adapted from: Cooking Light “Mediterranean Chicken and Bulgur Skillet”
For more Information www.ahs.ca/shcwellness