• Canola oil 1 Tbsp
• Onion, diced 1 medium
• Carrots, peeled and diced 2 medium
• Sweet potato, peeled and diced into half inch chunks 1 medium
• Garlic, crushed or minced 2 cloves
• Fresh ginger, peeled and grated 1 Tbsp
• Red lentils, rinsed ½ cup
• Curry paste 1 Tbsp
• Low-sodium vegetable broth 1 Litre
• Water 1 cup
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until softened, translucent, and fragrant.
- Add the carrots and sweet potato and sauté another 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, red lentils, and curry paste. Stir to coat the vegetables in curry
paste. Sauté 1-2 minutes more.
- Add broth and water. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer, covered,
until the vegetables are tender (about 20-30 minutes).
- Purée soup using a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches with a blender or food
- Serve warm, garnished with Greek yogurt to taste.
Recipe Source: AHS Wellness Kitchen