For a variety of reasons many of us are experiencing fatigue, which can lead to unhealthy food choices. Chicken a la King.
Donors to Calgary Health Foundation support the South Health Campus Wellness Kitchen, which is hosting a virtual class for Eating Well When Fatigued. Led by registered dietitians and an occupational therapist, the class includes cooking demonstrations and recipes!
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and celery until starting to soften (about 3 minutes)
- Add butter. Stir until melted
- Add flour, salt and pepper. Stir just until flour starts to brown
- Slowly stir in milk and ~1 cup of broth. Stir until it thickens. Add the remaining broth until desired texture.
- Stir in chicken and vegetables until heated
- Serve with a whole wheat roll or noodles.